Archive for snow

Chance to see more SNOW in the Smokies!

Posted in Uncategorized with tags , on March 4, 2013 by tremontoutdoorresort

If you missed the beautiful snow we had in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park this past weekend, don’t worry, it looks like you may have another chance this week!

This past Sunday morning, several of the roads in the Park were closed because of the weather, but by mid-afternoon the roads were clear.  Although, by that time, there was not a flake of snow left at Tremont Outdoor Resort, Cades Cove and some of the upper elevation parts of the Park were beautiful (and not treacherous)!GSMPsnow-2-EditThis is a shot that I took in Cades Cove Sunday afternoon.  You can see the snow laden mountain tops in the higher elevations.

Meigs Falls

Meigs Falls

Meigs Falls is right on Little River Road in between Townsend and Elkmont.  There was still quite a bit of snow on the upper branches.

This coming Wednesday, they are saying that there is a 70% chance of snow in the Park with a high of 36 and a low of 23.  In addition to that, there is only a 30% chance of snow in Townsend on Wednesday, so that means that it will not be difficult to get to Tremont Outdoor Resort where you can set up your base camp and still explore the beauty of winter in the Park.  What more could you ask for?  Pretty snow that isn’t treacherous!

We hope to see you soon!

 

 

 

 

First Snowfall of the year and some surprise visitors to Tremont…

Posted in Uncategorized with tags , , , , on December 18, 2009 by tremontoutdoorresort

December 5th brought the first snowfall of the year to Tremont.  It was really just a nice dusting at our elevation, but the flakes piled thicker in the upper elevations of the Smokies.  It’s especially beautiful when the trees are flocked, but the roads are clear!

snow fall in the "B" section

one of our newly covered riverside decks is not only covered with tin, but also with snow!

the cabins have a new layer of insulation!

The "A" section still has a bit of white stuff here and there

the critters got some snow too!

I don’t know if it was because of the snow, but we had some other visitors to Tremont this day as well…

wild turkeys at Tremont!

They must have heard that Tremont is the place to be...

Hey, you don’t have to go to Cades Cove to see wildlife….it may show up right at your campsite!

We took a drive up toward Cades Cove to see how much snow had accumulated and took a few shots of this Winter Wonderland…

Well, that’s all for now, but there is more snow falling as this is being typed, so provided it’s not too treacherous, we’ll take some pics of that for you as well.  Or maybe you could make a weekend of it to come and see for yourself!

Stay tuned for the winner of the Guest Review Survey drawing!